niedziela, 4 stycznia 2009

Hooray for Christmas presents!


What better excuse for a makeup junkie to buy new makeup than Christmas. I mean, you just have to buy something new so you have something to put under that Christmas tree, right? In my case, it's also the only time of year when family memebrs, who generally frown upon my buying makeup ("But you already have so much of it, honey! Why don't you use it all up first and then buy something new. Or better yet, buy a nice bag or dress. You don't have enough dresses."), are actally willing to enable me in my addiction. If given the chance, I'll tell them exactly what I want and where they can get it. Most of the time, though, I end up buying it myself and giving it to them already gift-wrapped thereby saving them the hassle of shopping altogether. And they can be sure I'll scream with excitement when I unwrap it on Christmas Eve. So basically, in December I get to splurge and buy more makeup than usually (or just more expensive makeup) without actually spending much money myself. And, best of all, my loved ones are happy for me for doing so. Aah, the guiltless makeup high. It's the best kind.

My DH got me the Glow Pretty makeup set by Clinique which includes Fresh Bloom AllOver Colour in Camellia (LE) and Full Potential Lips Plump & Shine in Glamour-full. This was a Nordstrom Exclusive limited edition set in 2008 but DH bought it on an online auction.The Fresh Bloom AllOver Colour is a wonderful multitasking product- you can swirl your blush brush all over the flower and the background to get a pretty shimmery blush shade or just over the background to use the most shimmery part as a cheekbone highlighter. You can even use it as an eyeshadow palette. I have three of these - Posy, Peony and now Camellia - and plan to review them later in the week as I am very satisfied with all of them. For now I'll just say that Camellia is a gorgeous bronzey salmon colour with pretty copper shimmer particles - the lovechild of bronzer and a coppery blush. The color payoff is great. The shimmer particles give skin a nice sheen without making you like a discoball (Hello, REVLON Skinlights Illuminating Powder, circa 2001). And it's just so beautiful in itself, packaged in a sleek silver compact with a sizeable mirror. Very elegant and well worth the money. Needless to say, I loooove it. My DH sure has great taste in makeup. He did good.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz